Suzy Cat

Tuesday 18 December 2012

My Beloved .....

Hot water bottle!
Knitted Hot Water Bottle Cover
Ever since I can remember I’ve always had a hot water bottle....

Pink ones, blue ones, red ones, green ones – but mostly pink ones.

A few years ago I saw a hot water bottle knitted cover which was embroidered with ‘Home Sweet Home’ across the front.  
I fell in love with it and for a few months I searched for the pattern without success.

If I’d known then what I know now about knitting and cross stitch I would have just adapted a pattern but, you know how it is when you are a still a beginner – you have to do everything ‘just so’ 

It was a project hovering in the back of mind for a few years and one day when searching the internet I found this rib hot water bottle cover pattern. 

It was really easy to make and only took me a couple of nights.  It is made in one piece, and doubled over. 
However when I attempted the cross stitch it did not work because some of the letters were hidden in the rib!! 

I did some frogging (a new word for me!!!)  - it means pulling out stitches (the sound of  pulling out stitches – ‘rip it, rip it, rip it = frogging!!). 

Out came the embroidery – leaving red dye stains from the embroidery thread.  Boo Hoo!!

I didn’t want to pull out all my hard work so I added buttons.  
They had to be in this flower shape to hide the stain from the dye!

I added a bit of ribbon and I think it looks rather lovely!

The buttons will have to come off.  Buttons are no good if you like to cuddle your hottie! 
Maybe add a bit of appliqué?

At this time of year it's nice to have a little indulgence to take away some of the stress from our lives! I'm just loving these right now - take a look - 
Frankincense Bathsalts
They smell lush and the smell lingers around the house for ages after!  Frankincense is now my favourite Christmas smell.  It used to be pine but now it's Frankincense! Candles, oils, burners - very festive!
And, after a nice long soak....
Hottie & Hot Chocolate
Book & Biscuits
Lots of lovely things to make in Molly Makes! 

Pj's, Bedsocks & Teddy
Little Threadbare Ted!  As old as me - another vintage!
....... All go well together don’t you think?!!

Sweet dreams
Night night
Love Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment