As the year draws to a close and we look forward to welcome the new one in - here I am - pondering in my little corner.
Oh, we had a lovely Christmas! Spending time with family, chilling out and exchanging presents. I’ve eaten Turkish Delight, drank Baileys and watched too much telly. We welcomed a new puppy into the family – my daughter and her fiancé got the most adorable chocolate brown Labrador! He is 10 weeks old and a little bundle of fun.
Before the decorations come down I’d just like to show you a picture of our dresser at Christmas –
|A Lot Going On!|
This is the only time of year I can get away with having so much clutter!!
So, another Christmas is over and I don’t care what anyone says – we all feel a little down in the dumps at some point afterwards. Not necessarily because the Christmas festivities are over but because January & February can be cold, dark depressing days.
That’s why I like to have indoor bulbs. Watching the shoots grow and the burst of colour as they emerge gives us hope. Take a look at one of my hyacinths –
|Signs Of Spring!|
A little reminder that dark days don’t last for ever and spring is not far away.
I have lots to look forward to this coming year!
A grandchild (our first)
youngest daughter’s wedding!
Eeeeehhhhhh!!!!! How exciting is that??!!
Instead of making New Year resolutions for 2013 I have started to make a ‘to do’ list instead -
My 2013 To Do List
- Emulsion spare bedroom (tin of emulsion has been sitting in the porch since May)
- Wallpaper and emulsion our bedroom (pulling one strip of paper off last summer does not count)
- Re-paint Lloyd Loom chair & bedside cabinet (As they are taking up space in garage)
- Knit/crochet for new grandchild (a must)
- Finish cushions for youngest daughters beauty salon (started many months ago)
- Work out how to sell on Ebay (got a lot of clutter to go)
- Do exercises EVERY DAY for sciatica (so that I can look my physio in the eye)
- Read Keith Richards autobiography (been sitting on shelf for year)
- Tidy garage (so we can get car in)
- De-clutter house (on-going)
- Finish granny square blanket (sew ends in)
- Weed front garden (so that neighbours will stop talking about me)
- Be nice to people (because ‘it’s nice to be nice?)!
Wishing You All a Happy and Healthy New Year
Love C x